Monday, November 28, 2016

Chalkboard Christmas Tree

Today I have a really simple but fun piece of Christmas decor to share with you; A chalkboard Christmas tree.



I found a fun unfinished wood tree kit. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I knew I wanted it. After having it for a few weeks, I decided that it would be lots of fun to paint it with chalkboard paint and leave notes for each other on it during the month of December.


I got some green Martha Stewart chalkboard paint off of Amazon. I used 3 coats of the paint on each board. Truthfully, it was fully covered after 2 coats, but since it is going to be used and not just looked at I added one extra coat of paint since I had more than enough. 


We're already having lots of fun leaving each other notes about what Christmas movies are on TV tonight, or what we want to do (like look at lights or have hot chocolate). I have a feeling this is going to fast become one of our favorite pieces of holiday decor.

No comments: