Friday, November 4, 2016

Camera Layout

Every year I do a formal style photo shoot with my kids. While I take lots of photos all year long, I like having something a little more official to document how much they change every year. Today I have a camera layout with one of the photos from my oldest's photos.


Doodlebug recently came out with cutting files for Silhouette Cameo that coordinate with their latest paper collections. Wen I saw the cute camera that goes with their Flea Market collection I go the idea to use it for a layout. I thought it would be fun to use the photo in the focal area of the camera.


I originally thought I'd cut the photo into a circle and place it directly in the center of the camera lens, but I decided that it looked just a little too matchy matchy. I decided to go with a square photo because it ended up being a bit more dynamic on the layout.


 I really love the detail of the dial. There are so many bits and pieces that give it more depth. So fun! All of the paper used to build the layout (and the camera) are from Doodlebug's Flea Market collection. It's a really bright, fun fall collection that also just happened to be perfect for this camera layout.


I can't wait to scrap more of this kid's photos from his annual shoot. He's growing up so fast! How often do you take formal photos of your kids?

No comments: