Wednesday, March 1, 2017

St. Patty's Day Card

It's March, and that means it's almost time for St. Patty's Day! I have a good bit of Irish blood in me, and I love sending a St. Patty's Day card our 2 out to the relatives who are responsible for my Irish heritage.


Half the fun every year is picking what St. Patty's or Irish themed collection to use. This year I decided to go with bright and whimsical with Doodlebug's Happy Go Lucky collection. While it's mostly shades of green, there are some fun rainbow pops (like the polka dot paper in the background of my card). And, who could resist those fun shamrocks. I love Doodlebug Doodle Pop stickers. I just happened to have a shamrock one on hand, so I used that to add dimension to my card.


I used a rub on from Moxxie for my sentiment. I liked how it blended in instead of becoming a focal point. I really wanted the eye to be drawn more to the Doodle Pop Sticker than the sentiment.

 

I don't always decorate the insides of my cards, but I felt like this one needed a little something. I used a simple cut out card from Happy Go Lucky to add a rainbow colored "Happy St. Pat's Day".


Do you make cards for St. Patty's Day or celebrate in any way? I love to hear your plans.

No comments: