Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Mixing Collections

Today I'm mixing collections a bit to create the 2 page layout I wanted. I often mix in embellishments from a different paper collection, but it's not terribly often that I use two different paper collections for one layout.


To compliment my photos of our visit to Newgrange, I wanted a mix of blues and greys. To accomplish that, I pulled papers from both American Crafts True Stories and Pink Paislee Atlas. To make everything flow nicely, I made sure to use embellishments from both collections as well.



We had a bit of a drive to Newgrange from Northern Ireland, so we got up early to be part of one of the first tours of the day. The fun little coffee cup "its a new day" die cut from True Stories was just too cute to pass up, and fits as a nice little reminder of our early start.


Do you like mixing collections, or do you usually stick to paper all from the same collection when you scrap?

No comments: