Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mickey Father's Day Card

We're kind of Disney-a-holics in our family. I thought it would be fun to make a Mickey Father's Day Card for my dad this year. I used my Silhouette Cameo to create my Mickey Mouse inspired card.


I was love all the possibilities for the the classic mickey shape, and thought it would be fun to have mickey wearing a tie. Creating a classic Mickey inspired head is super simple in the Cameo software. You just have to create 3 circles, overlap them, and weld them together.


I used a plain tie cutting file from the Silhouette store to add a tie to my Mickey, and then decided that Mickey would (of course) have a mickey head on his tie.


Waltograph from dafont.com is my favorite font for cutting Disney looking letters. I cut Happy Father's Day in Waltograph on American Crafts white card stock. I added some pops of patterned paper from Pebbles Inc Birthday Wishes. I stretched outside the classic black, red, and yellow Mickey colors and went with a blue, black, and orange color theme for the card.


Do you have Disney-a-holics in your family too? I'm not sure why I haven't tried this sooner. After how cute this Mickey Father's Day card turned out, I know there are a few more Mickey inspired cards in my future!

No comments: