Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Simply Thankful

My Mind's Eye is having another great sketch challenge. You can find all of the details here if you want to play along too. The theme for this month's sketch is "Thank You". Here's the sketch:Here's my take:

I have a lot to say about this layout, so bear with me. This layout is a note of gratitude to my husband. I always love layouts where at first they look a bit simplistic, but in reality you see a new detail every time you look at it. So, that's what I tried to do here. I'm not sure I really accomplished that, but it's a good start. Let me break it down a bit. My title is this Bible verse:I thank God for my husband and kiddos every day, so I thought it worked well as the title. The border behind the photo was fussy cut from the pattern on the MME paper.
My note of gratitude to my husband is hidden in plain sight in the text of the background journaling:
I used the sketch pens on my Silhouette to write over and over again, "Thank you for six amazing years of marriage and two incredible kids. This is my happily ever after." If you don't have a Silhouette, you could accomplish this same look with your printer.
I stitched a lot of borders on this page as well:The paper used for this layout is My Mind's Eye Ooh La La. The Buttons are Tim Holtz.
Thanks for hanging in there through my lengthy explanation!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Samantha, You totally accomplished it! There is so much detail in this fabulous layout.

Thank you for always taking the time to participate with us.