Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ikea + Crate Paper + Silhouette + Glue Dots = Yippee!!!


I spent last weekend visiting my sister in Phoenix. Do you know what they have in Phoenix (besides my sister that is)? An IKEA! I love IKEA, but don't live anywhere near one, so we had a blast just wandering, drooling, and adding things to my "you could get me that for Christmas" list. Now, I was limited to things that could fit in my carry-on, but I still managed some great finds. My favorite buy is a set of glass jars. They're meant for kitchen stuff, but I'm using them to store my brads. They're simple glass jars with silver lids, so I decided to dress them up with a bit of Crate Paper's Restoration line, my Silhouette, and some Glue Dots® . Check it out:

I wanted to be able to easily see what is in the jars, so I decided
to only decorate the tops. I've been hoarding my CP restoration paper because it's just so pretty, so I decided to actually use some of it. The flower pieces were all cut using my Silhouette. They're held together with a brad, and then I used a 3/8" Glue Dot® to adhere the flower to the lid of jar.
This pretty storage solutions makes me very happy!


I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team.

3 comments:

Lorelie Kim said...

I adore IKEA and I love what you did with the jars!! Aren't Glue Dots® fantastic?!

Renee said...

Ooooh, this is so cute! I agree with Lorelie....Yes, Glue Dots are fantastic!

Marla said...

Very beautiful idea. I have NEVER been in an IKEA before but will be visiting in Phoenix over Xmas maybe I should check it out. I have also been tempted to indulge in a Silhoutte machine. I have a Slice but think the Silhoutte could do so much more!!