Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So Much Vacation Goodness

I have a big post today with lots and lots of photos. I almost split it up into 2 posts, but it all goes together, so 1 post it is. First, I have to start with a big, big thank you to Imaginisce. A while back I did this post on making a flower with the I-top punch. Imaginisce picked up the post (which was cool enough in and of itself), and then sent me a box full of Scooter's Vacation goodies. I'm pretty sure they sent me 1 of everything in the Collection. What a generous company! So, everything you see today (unless otherwise noted) is from Imaginisce's Scooter's Vacation Collection. I made 2 - 2 page layouts, and I still have a ton left over. I haven't even touched the stamps yet. I'm also hording a few of the stickers and am planning on using them on my Italy scrapbook that I'm hoping to get a start on some time this summer.
Okay, so I can't resist a sketch challenge. Imaginisce is holding one right now, so I started with that. You can find the challenge details here. Here's the sketch:I turned it into a 2 page layout:
I know you all know I like to challenge myself to step outside my comfort zone, and boy was this one of those challenges. I usually like to combine lots of patterned papers, but I didn't want to overload the page with bright papers and a zillion stickers and accessories, so I toned down the papers. The only non-Imaginisce products here are the white card stock and the silver glimmer mist that was sprayed on at the end (also a product I haven't used yet). The words on some of the photos are rub-ons. I cut words from one of the patterned papers to incorporate into the journaling around the photos.
Here a few detailed pictures. Check out these great card stock and chipboard stickers:
If you look closely in this picture, you can tell that the suitcase is what they call a mirror sticker, it's reflective. So cool!Now onto my 2nd Scooter's Vacation layout:
It's hard to tell from the picture, but that background paper has a bit of shine and texture to it. It's so lovely and perfect for this ocean picture.

Here's a close up of some of the stitching...I just can't resist stitching. This was done with a Bazzillstitchz in- template. You can also see a bit of the Scooter's Vacation ribbon peaking out at the bottom of the photo.
These flowers are too cool. They come layered up like that already, all you have to do is peal the backing off the adhesive, and stick. I cut the leaves for the flower from the cardboard backing of some of the stickers.
The "paradise found" sticker is another great product. It's a puffy sticker (remember those from when you were a kid). They add a great touch of whimsy to the layout.
Here's another one of those mirror stickers:And finally a close up of the journaling in case you wanted to read it:Thanks for stopping by, I hope this post got you thinking about how you're going to scrap all those photos that you're going to take this summer on vacation!

3 comments:

Tkat said...

great layouts! i especially love the last two!!! amazing colour combos! :) and the stitching -- it looks absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!! gonna be thinking of trying to incorporate that into one of my layouts next time...
:)

Marg said...

Wow 2 layouts and both doubles...Well done they both look great..Love the stitching too!!! marg xx

Jennifer Moore said...

I love your layouts. I especially like how you doubled up the sketch.