Monday, February 1, 2010

Scraptiv!ty February Kit

That's right, the Scraptiv!ty February Kit is unveiled today! I have had so much fun creating with this kit, and I have so much to share with you that I'm going to show you half today and half tomorrow. When you come back tomorrow, I'll also have a picture of everything this month's kit contains.

This layout is my favorite.
This has always been my favorite photo of my Grandma and Grandpa Sasman, however, I don't know a lot about the photo. I left some blank space in the upper left corner to add some journaling once I find out a bit more. This month's technique is creating lace out of glitter. On this page I used a Double sided ornate border sticker to achieve that look. I mixed a little glitter and embossing powder together, sprinkled it on the sticker and heat to set. You could also get a similar effect by just adding glitter to the sticker, and no heat setting.

My second project is a St. Patty's day card. I'm Irish on my mom's side, so we always celebrate St. Patty's Day. Erin go bragh roughly translates to Ireland Forever. The shamrock center is made completely from glitter. It's especially cool in person.

My final project today is a purse gift bag made from 1 sheet of 12 x 12 paper, and a few extra paper scraps.
I'll be back tomorrow with 3 more pretty and very glittery projects made from this kit, but if you can't wait until then, head over to Scraptiv!ty's gallery to see what the other designers have done.

No comments: