Thursday, February 18, 2010

3 Random Projects

Here are 3 random projects I've done recently for you viewing entertainment.
Random project 1:This is a charm and chain from Stampin' Up. The 1" x 1 1/4" charm plus chain cost just under $30 total, and I have to tell you, I'm really pleased with the quality. It opens like a locket. There's glass on both sides, so you could make this a double-sided charm if you wanted too. The glass on the front is beveled and the glass on the back is flat. The beveled glass also gives you a little room for layers and embellishments. I used My Mind's Eye's Ooh La La paper on the inside and added a Kaiser Craft Rhinestone for a little pizazz. I just put it together quickly to match an outfit I was going to wear. What I love the most, is that I can change it up as I please. So easy!

Random Project 2:
This is a frame I did for my sister who works for Make-A-Wish. I think I've mentioned before how much I love that organization and all the people who make MAW such a success. Just a little something for her office. Do you see those little half pearls inside the stars in the background? Well those (and the big pearls) are actually on top of the glass to add a little dimension to the project. The paper is from DCWV's Luxury Stack. "Wish" was cut from vinyl with my Silhouette SD. The star background was also cut with my Silhouette. It's hard to tell, but the layer under the stars is actually a pale shade of blue, not white. Oh, and that frame (mat and all) cost me a whopping $3 at Walmart.

Random project #3:
Did you know Scraptiv!ty post a new sketch on their website every month with 3 different layouts examples? I was one of the layout creators this month, and the above is what I came up with. Are you curious now about what the sketch looks like? Click here and you'll be sent straight to this month's sketch and examples. The paper and buttons are from Fancy Pants. I picked it up at A Walk Down Memory Lane, which just happens to have everything by Fancy Pants on sale this month for 25% off. Oh, and they also have Hero Arts Stamps on sale for 25% off too! Woo, hoo! Those artists at work are my boys, painting away on a canvas.

No comments: