Thursday, February 4, 2010

More Fun Playing Along

I've found that the best way to challenge myself to try something new, is to play along with other crafty challenges. Currently, Moxie Fab World is having a Taintor-tude challenge. Anne Taintor is responsible for pairing 50's advertising with sassy sayings like this:The challenge is to create your own Taintor-tude cards. Now, I think these are brilliant, but I doubted my ability to come up with something clever AND make it into an appealing card. Vintage isn't truly my style, but hey, I thought I'd give it a try. It's always fun to stretch your style. Well, I found myself having a BLAST and making some esthetically pleasing cards too! I used sticky-back canvas to print all of my 50's add images on, which I think gives the cards a really nice textured feel. The rest of the details can be found after the pictures.

Those who say diamonds are a girls best friend haven't met my friend, Jack:
Perhaps she could sell the children on eBay:

I'm the girl your mother warned you about:

She could resist everything... except temptation:
As mentioned the images are printed on Sticky Back Canvas. It can be run directly through your printer, and as the name implies, the backing is adhesive. Really cool stuff, you'll definitely be seeing more of it around here. I also used The Boyfriend and Earth Love papers from Cosmo Cricket. The colors in these lines are unique, gorgeous, and perfect for these cards. The corduroy buttons are from Stampin' Up!, as is the green ribbon. The lace and the blue/brown ribbon is from Making Memories. The pearls are Basic Grey, and the red button is Autumn Leaves.

If you decide to try out this challenge yourself, you have until February 15, and make sure to let me know, so I can check out your fab creation!

4 comments:

Chark said...

super cute cards! First one is my fave.

Patty said...

OMG!! I love these! You did a fantastic job!

Betsy V said...

These are so awesome, Sam! Great job. This was such a fun challenge, wasn't it? :-)

Betsy Veldman
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Unknown said...

Hey Samantha! Thanks for entering the Taintor-tude Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)