Friday, September 4, 2009

A Vintage Chirstmas Idea

Here's my 3rd entry in Moxie Fab World's "Stretch Your Style Challenge", and this one really was a stretch for me. Today is Vintage and Shabby. I love Vintage looks, but don't usually venture into this style too much. Nothing says vintage Christmas to me more than a pretty Christmas stocking, so I chose to take that idea and turn it into a little gift card holder with lots of pretty details. Here it is:


And a close up of the top which is covered in White Sparkly Fluff:


I really love the realistic feel the Sparkly Fluff adds. I cut 2 stocking shapes with my Silhouette SD from paper from DCWV's Luxury Stack. I then folded about 1/4 inch of the edge to the inside of the stocking, and then sewed the 2 pieces together to form a pocket. You can then slip a gift card, or small goody (like candy canes, or maybe a couple of new Copic markers) inside. I used a sanding block to scuff up my button a little and give it more of a vintage feel. The "Merry Christmas" stamp is from Stampin' Up!'s Teeny Tiny Wishes set. Hope you enjoyed my little stocking stuffer!

2 comments:

Helen F. said...

Love your gift card stocking - super creative! How pretty this came out...that sparkly fluff is perfect on the top of the stocking also ~

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Thanks for posting this to the challenge!