Thursday, September 3, 2009

Classy and Elegant Christmas Challenge

Today is my 2nd attempt at completing a "Stretch Your Style" Challenge for Moxie Fab World's Christmas celebration. For this challenge I got back to my roots and stamped a card. Before I show you the card, I thought I'd talk a little about my creative process for this card just in case you're daring enough to wonder how my often crazy mind works. Just like my style, my creative process tends to be all over the place; sometimes I have a clear idea of where I want to go, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I have a clear idea of where I want to go, but never end up there. For today's card I decided that I wanted to use a color combo that I love, but always forget to use: Kraft, Whisper White, and shades of blue. I also love how stamping colored ink onto kraft paper looks, so I knew I wanted to do that. I figured snowflakes lend themselves nicely to a blue and white theme, so there was my stamp choice. After that I found my patterned paper (from DCWV's Luxury Stack). After picking my papers, I just started stamping, cutting and embellishing. Here's what I came up with:

I'd love to draw your attention to a few fun details. The white snowflakes have tiny little white pearls in the center. So petite and so pretty! Also, there is a bit of stitching along the edge of the Bashful Blue paper lining the patterned paper. I love stitching by hand. I have found that I like using DMC's cross stitch floss better than sewing thread when hand stitching. Finally, the bow is tied through the "Glory to God" tag, not just adhered on top. I think this gives the card a little more elegance. If you haven't already, take the time to check out Moxie Fab World and all the amazing "Stretch Your Style" entries.

RECIPE

Stamps: Snowflakes are from Circle Circus and Holiday Blitz sets - Stampin' Up!
Glory to God stamp is a personalized creation made for my Christmas cards one year
Card Stock: Kraft and Bashful Blue - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Luxury Stack - Die Cuts With A View
Ink: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, and Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: Blue Ribbon - Walmart
Rhinestones: Blue Rhinestones - Kaisercraft
Pearls: White Pearls - Kaisercraft

No comments: