Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday's Terrific Technique: Glitter Embossing

This technique is a really fabulous, simple technique. In fact, you've seen me use it on this blog before. I love the sparkle glitter gives, but I don't love the mess and how it often rubs off of the card. To make something lovely and sparkly I do the following steps.
1. Take 1 part glitter of your choice. I like Stampin' Up!'s dazzling diamonds because it is a very fine glitter.
2. Add the glitter to 1 part clear embossing powder and mix.
3. Use like normal embossing powder.
4.Store extra glitter embossing powder in a small empty container. I usually just use an old empty embossing container.
Here are a few different examples of what you can do with glitter embossing:


For this card I first stamped and colored in the ice cream Sundae. Then I covered the entire image with versamark ink and glitter embossing powder. The result is a complete image that sparkles.

It's a little tough to see, but for this card I stamped the cupcakes in brown pigment ink, sprinkled glitter embossing powder on and heated. Then I colored in the cupcakes. The result is a cupcake that is only outlined in glitter.
I hope you enjoyed today's technique. Please feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions.

No comments: