Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Echo Park Dino Friends - Not Just for Little Boy Layouts

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Taylor Stamped. I do receive financial compensation and material product from  A Walk Down Memory Lane to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
I really love Echo Park Dino Friends, but I just didn't have any little boy photos that needed scrapping. I did, however, have a photo of my 16 year old nephew and me that needed scrapping, so I decided to make Dino Friends work...and what do you know? Echo Park Dino Friends is not just for little boy layouts!


Being an aunt is one of my very favorite jobs, so when one of my nephews wants me to take him to the opening showing of a movie because we both loved the book, I jump at the chance to spend some one on one time with him. Not only did he go to the movie with me, but he was a good sport about taking a photo with his old aunt :)


I'm sure I've mentioned more than once that I love a good plaid. I was so drawn to the plaid in Dino Friends that I knew I could find a way to use it on a non-dino themed layout. I started with the plaid as my base, and then layered up the other dino free prints from the collection on top of it. I rounded the corners on all of my layers just to give the layers a little more interest. I used some Simple Stories Snap stickers to embellish the layout, since the stickers from the collection, while cute, weren't quite what I needed.


I was pretty excited to find a way to uses this super fun collection...even if I didn't use the dino prints!

No comments: