Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thanks for Helping Me Shine - Teacher Thank You Cards

My kids just finished out the school year. I made two different sets of thank you cards for teachers and aides using We R Memory Keeper's dies and Embossing Folders. Today I'm sharing my Thanks for Helping Me Shine teacher thank you card set.


I knew I wanted to use the We R Memory Keeper's Gems dies. I also knew I wanted to go for a clean and simple look, so I decided to pair the diamond die from the Gems die set with the WRMK Next Level Embossing Folders.


I just want to note that these embossing folders are amazing! The dimension that you get from these is excellent, and there are different levels of dimension from the same folder, so the 3-D look of them is the best. I really haven't seen anything quite like these. I used a mix of folders from Geometric, and Gemstone.


I have found that you get the best, most defined results from heavier card stock, like the Stamp School Pop Tone card stock from A Walk Down Memory Lane. I cut my diamonds from American Crafts Glitter Paper to add some sparkle to the card. I recommend using a metal die cutting plate whenever you cut glitter paper. It gives you a much cleaner cut.

I printed my "Thanks for helping me shine!" from my computer using the same card stock I used on the cards.


I love how quickly this set went together. Each card is different, but made from the same basic components, so I was able to put them together faster. These clean and simple cards were a hit with the teachers. Will you be busy making teacher thank you cards this year?

No comments: