Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Birthday Cards

We have a few birthdays in our family in May, so I've been busy making some birthday cards. Today I thought I'd share a pair I made for my twin nephews using We R Memory Keeper's Cakes and Candles collection.


Since these are for my 10 year old nephews, I needed to keep them masculine without being too juvenile or too old looking.


For the card pictured above, I mixed WRMK's Cakes & Candles with a tag and rub-on sentiment from Pebbles Inc's Birthday Wishes. The two collections really compliment each other nicely.


My nephews also live far away, so my cards needed to me mailed. I kept the embellishments simple and flat (like using washi tape instead twine on my tag) and used some foam adhesive to give my layers dimension. For the card above, I trimmed the happy birthday, small present, and small party hat from images printed on paper in the 6 x 6 Cakes and Candles paper pad.


Two cards down, two to go.  I'll be sure to share the other birthday cards I've created later this month.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Groovy Deborah said...

As a twin I first giggled because they reminded me of how my mom would give presents to my sister and I, just different colors. You did a great job on both. I like the design and smart thinking tip with postage vein ridiculous :)

Groovy Deborah said...

Lol! VERY. Not vein ewwwwww