Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Silly Boys

A Walk Down Memory Lane just got Heidi Swapp September Skies (it's in the Brick & Mortar store and will be in the on-line store very soon). It came in just in time for me to scrap the annual photos I took of my silly boys last month.  This photo is what I'd consider an outtake, but I love how it captures their personalities: My youngest being silly while my oldest tries not to laugh.


This was actually the last of 3 layouts I made with this collection. I built the layout from bits and pieces I had left over.  When I build a layout from leftovers, I often end up with lots of small pieces layered on top of each other to build my background, just like I did here. It's a great way to use up scraps and create a layout with visual interest.
September Skies is a bright, fun collection that is really quite colorful. I especially love the mix of navy blue with bright green.  Since I have boys I gravitated towards the blues and greens in the collection, but you'll find shades of pink and orange in it, too.


I created my title from a mix of alphabet stickers and words cut from paper in the September Skies Collection. 


While I created from leftovers, I actually saved this card to put with this picture.  I knew it would be the perfect card to add to this photo of my silly, amazing, happy boys.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: