Monday, September 15, 2014

Quick Fall Wall Art

I have a really simple and quick fall wall art piece to share today.  I stumbled across a frame I really liked and thought it would be perfect for switching out seasonal printables. 


I started by finding a fall printable I liked in the Silhouette store.  Then I made a few changes to to the print to make it fit better in my home. 


First, some of the leaves were a yellowish orange color.  I changed those to blue to fit better with the color scheme in my house.  It was as simple as ungrouping the print, clicking on each image I wanted to change, and then changing the fill color. 


I also changed a few of the words.  It originally said "hay rides" where it says "football & corn maze".  I don't think I've taken a hay ride since I was a kid, so I updated the words to something more relevant.  I kept the original font and color, and just change the words and added a little leaf to separate them.
When I was done with my changes, I just printed it out on a piece of patterned paper (that looks like wood grain).  In all this took about 10 minutes, and adds a lot of fun fall flavor to my decor.

1 comment:

Cheryl Lange said...

Really like this!!