Monday, August 4, 2014

Bow & Arrows

With summer break getting close to the end, I'm starting to get a little nostalgic about our favorite activities this summer.  The day I saw PVC Bow & Arrows in a friend's Facebook news feed and decided we should drop everything and go to the hardware store so we could make them was definitely one of my favorite days! 


These were super fun to make.  My kids were especially impressed when I broke out the power tools!  We couldn't find some of the things listed on the supply list, so it was also a great exercise in problem solving.  For example, we couldn't find the foam we needed for the arrow tips (we live in a small town), so we figured out how to use sponges instead!

If you're looking to make some of these for yourself, I found the directions here at Skip to my Lou.
They're really easy to follow. 

Now, a little about the layout.  I used My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste.  I couldn't resist that cloud paper.  I haven't hand stitched on a layout for a while, so I decided to stitch around the outline of a few of the clouds. It adds a little extra cuteness. The arrow paper also seemed like a perfect choice for a Bow & Arrows layout.   I layered up a little bit of silver washi tape, added some journaling, and called it finished!

I hope you've been having some impromptu fun this summer, too!
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: