Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More Layouts

My kids spent a week with my parents, before we joined them for the 4th of July.  Let me tell you, you can get a lot of scrapping done when the house is quiet!  I spent most of my time doing "catching up" scrapping...you know, working through those photos and papers you set aside just for a little bit (as you'll see in the last layout, it may be slightly longer than a little bit, too).  Here are 2 catching up layouts I made from end of the year photos using My Mind's eye's Collectable Collection:


 The Kindergarten Graduation program was so much fun, and the colors in collectable (not to mention the die cuts) really highlighted the photos well.  I also really love MME's wooden buttons. They're nice and sturdy without being too thick. 

My youngest finished Preschool, and his teacher took this fun "Last Day of School" picture to send home with him (she's a scrapbooker too!).


My favorite detail  is this journaling card from Collectable with the "write it down" pencil on it. It's perfect for a school layout, and even better paired with my son's name that he wrote himself (one of the largest accomplishments of the year). 


And finally, here's that slightly older layout. I do a separate not-so-mini mini album for Christmas, but this extra little photo deserved it's own layout.



I was taking my eldest's photo dressed up for his school Christmas program in front of the Christmas tree (for the Christmas Mini Album) when my youngest stepped in front of the camera for the perfect photo-bomb. It couldn't have worked out better if I planned it that way!  This layout uses This and That Christmas from Echo Park. 
Thanks for stopping by. Make sure to stop back tomorrow, I'll have some great video tutorials as part of a blog hop with Glue Dots® and 2 other awesome companies (ooh, and there's a giveaway, too!).  

No comments: