Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blog Hop with Glue Dots®, Basic Grey, and Lindy's Stamp Gang


I am beyond excited about the team up for today's blog hop!!! I mean who doesn't love working with Basic Grey and some gorgeous mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang? In fact, I'm so excited that instead of making 1 video tutorial, I made 4...yup, I got a little carried away. I made 1 project for today's hop, but there are a number of little techniques used, so instead of making 1 really long video, I split it up into 4. That way, later if you just want to re-watch 1 technique, you don't have to go searching through a really long video for it. 

If you're like us, you tend to take lots of mini trips in the summer (and maybe even a big trip). Over the course of those trips you collect mementos that may, but usually don't, fit well onto a scrapbook page. My solution for that is to create an envelop mini album that has pockets to stash things like maps, concert tickets, and the like.



This album, built from envelopes, has a handy little pocket built into each page to slip your memorabilia. I used Basic Grey's Carte Postale (this is my new favorite travel paper, it's rich in color and full of really fun travel themed patterns) and Lindy's Stamp Gang mists to embellish the pages.

You can check out step by step instructions on building your own envelope album from envelopes and Glue Dots® Continuous Line in this video:






To create the cover of the album, I used an inking technique using Lindy's Stamp School Mists (which are soooo shimmery and rich in color!) and Basic Grey's Carte Postale paper.

You can see a step by step on sponging with mists in this video:




I made an inside page to hold a map from a zoo trip, and embellished it with custom colored chipboard stars.


The video below shows how you can use Lindy's mist BEFORE adding water (Lindy's mist are shipped dry, and you add the water when the get to you) to paint custom embellishments.




Finally, for this last page I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists to create a custom colored journaling tag by misting onto my craft mat and smooshing the tag into the mist.


Here is the last video I have today on that technique. 




Thanks for sticking with me through that long post! There is just so much to love about Glue Dots®, Basic Grey's Carte Postale, and Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists.  Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out what the rest of the designers have created. There are some really amazing projects for you to check out, and some more great video tutorials.

Hop Along With Us:
Glue Dots (you'll find the a contest entry form here!)
Samantha  (you are here)








15 comments:

PiHi said...

Lovely way to keep memories! Thank you for sharing this!

debbie said...

I have always loved glue dots, and basic grey. Thanks for introducing Lindy's stamp gang mists. (I also love envelope albums:) great job!

Melissa said...

I'm pretty new to the scrap booking world and just loved how you demonstrated the different ways to use Lindy's mist and the difference between the glue dots projects.

Really enjoyed the mini videos too.....thanks so much for sharing.

Christine Kiehl said...

Very nice work! Loved the album and the videos! Your project rocks! Thank you so much for taking the time to create and share with us blog hoppers!

LynzCraftz said...

Great project & wonderful tips!

Tracey Brown said...

Fabulous techniques! Thank you for making us look so good!

Kate Palmer said...

I'm really loving that little envelope fold out with the photos - fabulous!

Alycia said...

These are great tutorials. Thanks for taking the time to make them all separate the way you did! :)

Barbara H said...

Great tutorial on how to make an envelope album, also like the album.

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Your mini looks wonderful! The envelope album looks nice and lean, something that I don't like about some of the minis I've made is that they're very bulky with chipboard and all. Great work with the BG and mists!

Kelly Sas said...

Thanks, I learned so much from your videos!

Unknown said...

Awesome job, Samantha!

Anita Braddock said...

Awesome Idea. great job. thanks for sharing

crafty jo said...

great way to display and keep your memories

Unknown said...

thanks for all the instruction on using the lindy's mists and loved your book done with the basic grey papers ....I always reach for the glue dots too when doing projects they are so handy and stick to almost anything ...