Monday, October 4, 2010

Faux Flocked Brads

This month, the Glue Dots® Design Team Dottesses were given Sparkly Fluff to play around with from the generous people over at Our Craft Lounge. If you've never played Our Craft Lounge's Sparkly Fluff or their Craft Fluff, you're missing out, this stuff is fun, versatile and so easy to work with.
Today I'm going to share a super simple technique that pairs Glue Dots® with Sparkly Fluff to create a fun accent for a layout or card. For lack of a better name, I'm calling them Faux Flocked Brads.
What you'll need: Glue Dots® (I used Mini and Memory Book), and Sparkly Fluff or Craft Fluff (I used Brown Sugar Sparkly Fluff)
First you'll need to put your Glue Dots® where you want them on your layout, card, or project.
Second, cover the Glue Dots® with Sparkly Fluff. You will want to use a small bit of pressure to push the Sparkly Fluff onto the Glue Dots®. Shake off the excess Sparkly Fluff. You'll end up with something that looks like this:

I used a number of these faux flocked brads on this layout:I know I've mentioned before that you can find inspiration anywhere, and for this layout, I really did. I drew my inspiration from the Glue Dots catalog cover:


Supply List:
Papers: My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup, Basic Grey Basics
Adhesives: Glue Dots® Mini, Memory Book, Dot 'n Go
Accessories: Imaginisce I-rocks Glam Rocks (pearl), My Craft Lounge Sparkly Fluff (Brown Sugar), Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Alphas (red), Prima Flocked Alphas
Tools: Silhouette SD

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Great job. The LO is adorable!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

D's Paper Studio said...

I love what you did. Very creative.

Kelly Sas said...

Great idea!