Sunday, August 23, 2009

Paper Birthday Flowers



Paper flowers and bouquets are all the rage right now in paper crafting. I have been dying to make one, but finding the time is another story. Just a few days ago, Quickutz (the maker of my Silhouette SD) released a rose pattern cutting file. No excuses now. Time to make one of my own. Additionally, a wonderful lady I know is having a birthday tomorrow. Wouldn't you love to receive one of these bouquets on your birthday? So I get to have a little fun, and she gets this pretty bouquet as a birthday surprise.
You can find a great 2 part tutorial here and here. Much of my inspiration came from Natasja Verbeek's tutorial, but I change a bit to make it my own. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Dutch Girl line. The Happy Birthday stamp and striped ribbon is from Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great flower bouquet...you did a super job on those flowers.
Debbie C

Tammie said...

Great creativity!! Those paper flowers are looking truly nice... I just love them so much!!

Natasja said...

Great to hear you had so much fun making this! Love how your turned out and thanks for puting up the link :)

Natasja