Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More Opposites

I again have 2 opposite projects. I've gotten in some new stamps and accessories recently, so I've been having a lot of fun just playing around. One is a card made with all stamps. No patterned papers here. The other is made with all patterned papers.
First the all stamped card:

Everything on this card is Stampin' Up! from the paper to the pearls, with only 1 exception: the tulle. The tulle that is layered over the "merci merci merci" came from an old dress. Instead of throwing it away, I stashed it away for use on cards. The stamps are from the set Chic Boutique. I just love this little bird cage. I expect you will probably see me use it again soon. The colors here are Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, and Chocolate Chip. Additional accessories include the corner rounder punch, the scallop edge punch, half pearls, and some SU! markers.

Now here's a card with no stamping at all:


This is not only a card, but a gift too. I attached a small magnet to the little button down in the right had corner (technically called "flair" from American Crafts) and attached it to the card with temporary adhesive. The magnet is actually attached to the inside of the card, then I punched a hole through the top layer of the card. This way the magnet is visible when the card is opened or closed. The paper is all from American Crafts Backyard paper line. "Count Your Blessings" was cut using my Silhouette SD. The butterfly was cut using the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Butterflies Die made by Sizzix. The butterfly's body was made using Candy Dots from Pebbles Inc. Finally, I finished the card off with a bit of hand stitching around the magnet and the sentiment.
Thanks for taking a peak at my opposite creations!

No comments: