Thursday, April 30, 2020

Simple Birthday Cards

Today I have some very simple birthday cards to share. These are my go to style for when I want a clean and simple card.


I use my silhouette to cut the top panel. I size a rectangle to 4" x 5 1/4". Then, I use any font on my computer to create the happy birthday cut inside the rectangle. Then, I cut it out. You can get 4 card fronts from one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock.


These cards happen to be for my nephews, who are teen boys, so I stuck with fairly simple colors and patterns for my patterned paper. The beauty of these cards is that you can use up scraps from your stash for the patterned paper part.



I like to attach my patterned paper flat to the card base. Then I use dimensional adhesive (my favorite is Pop Up Glue Dots®), to attach the card front to the card. The popped up top layer adds some extra pizazz to the card. These cards sit flat enough to be mailed without any extra postage.

I wrote this post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team.

No comments: