Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Scrapbooking Store August Kit

A few weeks ago the Scrapbooking Store contacted me to see if I'd like to try out their upgraded August Kit. After poking around their website and social media pages, I couldn't wait to try out one of their fun kits. Here's the first layout I created with the Scrapbooking Store August Kit (notice I say first, because I've already created a 2nd layout, but you'll have to wait until next week to see it).


The August kit features Echo Park For the Record which has an elegant, vintage vibe. It's a great kit for family history scrapping and black and white or sepia photos, but I decided to challenge myself by thinking outside the box a bit to use a current photo. I ended up choosing a photo that my son and I took together at a wedding we attended this summer. We always say how much my oldest and his dad look (and act) alike, but once in a while we take a photo like this where I can totally see that he's my kid, too.


The optional upgrades for this kit were so worth it. The Studio Calico alphas, Heidi Swapp tab stickers, and American Crafts ephemera really helps tie everything together. To be honest, I'm not always the best at mixing and matching embellishments and ephemera across different collections. I love that the Scrapbooking Store did it seamlessly for me!


If you're looking for a fun kit at a great price, I'd definitely encourage you to check out the Scrapbooking Store. They have a lot of variety in their kits from month to month, and do an awesome job of pairing them with coordinating embellishments.


I received my Scrapbooking Store August Kit for free, but all the opinions and projects are mine.

No comments: