Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Clean and Simple Birthday Card

There just happen to be a lot of birthdays in May in my husband's family. Add to that Mother's Day and graduations, and May is a big month for card making for me. Today I wanted to share a clean and simple birthday card I created for one of my nephews.


I've seen a simple plaid created with card stock many times, but never tried it. I love the clean look of it, and it really is such a simple technique. I love shades of blue, so I used 2 complimentary shades of blue and a pop of orange to add some contrast.


I used SRM's Birthday Plans stamp set for my greeting and candle. I used Copic markers to add a bit more color to the greeting. I used some Pop Up Glue Dots® to add my card front to my card base. I love the clean look of white on white, and the Pop Up Glue Dots® help give a tone on tone layer look with a little extra dimension.


This clean and simple birthday card is just one of 3 I'll be making this month. Do you find that you have a month where you tend to make a lot more cards?

I wrote this post while participating on both the Glue Dots® and SRM design teams.

No comments: