Friday, January 20, 2017

10 Years Layout

Last week I shared my younger son's layout all about who he is at 8 years old. This week I have my older son and his 10 year layout.


Once again I reached for Fancy Pants Good Fellows to create my layout. It was just the perfect feel for the layouts we took that day.


When I use the same collection to scrap multiple layouts, I try to use different patterns from the collection as my main pieces. I also try to lay out photos differently so the layouts don't look the same.


For this layout I cut the papers at an angle and even ended up turning the photo on an angle. The whole thing ends up having the effect of first drawing your eye to the photo and then moving down the page to the journaling. To keep the whole thing from feeling too chaotic, I kept the embellishments and layering on the page pretty minimal. 


I can't believe I have another year of documenting who my kiddos are done. I love watching my kids grow and learning who they are as people as they develop more and more of their personalities, but sometimes I wish they could slow down just a bit! I'm so glad that I can freeze bits of time in my scrapbook pages.

No comments: