Saturday, September 28, 2013

Simple Knit Baby Blanket


I have never knit a baby blanket before! I know it's a little crazy sounding, but it's true.  So, you can understand why I was pretty excited to finish this Simple Knit Baby Blanket last night. 


Simple is an understatement. Knit on size 10 needles with self striping yarn, the blanket is easy and lovely to make.  You can find the pattern from Lion Brand here.  This is a great pattern to knit while your mind is a bit occupied elsewhere, you only have to count the first 3 - 5 stitches, and from there it's a straight knit to the end of the row.  Instead of knitting across, this pattern cast on at one corner and bind off at the opposite one (you knit a diamond instead of a square). 


Now, my new niece of nephew just needs to get here so I can give this gift away!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

this is beautiful