Monday, October 22, 2012

Merry Christmas Banner

Are you thinking about your projects for Christmas yet? I've been starting to pick up the papers and collections that I like, and in the process needed to clear out last year's papers. I decided to finish off the last of last year's papers by making a Merry banner for my hallway (although, I hung it on my front door to take a photo of it, and it sure looks pretty there too!).


To give the banner a different shape, I cut 5 banner pieces with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Die from leftover Echo Park Season's Greetings paper. Then I used Pop Up Glue Dots® to attach Maya Road Snowflake Transparencies to the banner. Glue Dots® work really well for attaching clear and acrylic embellishments because they hold firmly and are almost invisible under the clear embellishment. 


I strategically placed my alphabet stickers directly over where I put my Glue Dot® to camouflage it even further. 


After I finished adding the snowflakes and  "merry" letters to my banner, I went in and embellished each piece with rhinestones, ribbon, buttons, and left over stickers from Echo Park's Season's Greetings and Crate Paper's Pepermint Collection (also left over from last year's stash).



Finally I added strips of really wide ribbon behind each banner piece with Ultra Thin Glue Dots®. I like that this ribbon treatment is a little different than the normal banner style where the ribbon comes out the sides and connects each banner piece. 



The best part is, this banner came together really quickly. Since I was working with leftovers, I couldn't over think the project, and it still turned out well. 


Thanks for stopping by!

I wrote this post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team.

No comments: