Tuesday, November 29, 2011

December Daily


It's almost December, so I thought I'd share my December Daily Album with all of you. I've never done one before, but I always feel like this time of year goes really fast, so this year I decided to capture some of the craziness that is December in a DD Album.  This concept has been around for quite a while, and I really don’t know who originally came up with it, but here, in my own words is what it’s all about:

A December Daily (DD) is a way to capture the fun, excitement, and craziness that is the month of December with minimal work done in December. The key is to make your base pages (seen below) before December. Then when December rolls around, each day you just need to add journaling and/or a photo or two and any extra embellishments you may want to add. Because this is my first DD, I planned most of my pages out ahead of time so I was able to add some extra theme stickers ahead of time. If you’re not sure what your crazy December will look like, just keep the pages generic and add special touches at a later time.  There does not need to be a photo on every page, sometimes just journaling about an event, tradition, or favorite memory is enough. Pages can be a single page per day or a double page per day (or, like I did, a mix of both).  My DD measures 6″ x 8″, but again, there really is no right size to make it. I decided to use 2 Echo Park Paper Kits (Holly Jolly Christmas, and Christmas Dots and Stripes) combined with lots of twine, buttons, and brads from my stash to create my album.  Below are a few close ups of my favorite base pages, and the last picture is a collage of all the pages in order.



 
 



 One more thing before I'm done today, A Walk Down Memory Lane's 12 Days of Christmas Sale starts Thursday. Check the blog each day to find out the new sale item and see some amazing inspiration:


No comments: