Monday, May 30, 2011

Pirate Party


My youngest turned 3 at the beginning of May. As you can see, it was a pirate party. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to find these Karen Foster pirate stickers and papers at A Walk Down Memory Lane. It made scrapping a page about the party a fast and easy thing!


Overall this is a pretty simple layout, but I think it works well. I really like the twine stitching over the corners. It makes the photos feel extra pirate-y to me.


I make the cake every year. I'm no decorator, but I like to bake, and it's fun to see what we can come up with.

We also made treasure chests that we filled with candy to give to the kids at the party (Our family's not huge, so there are only 5 including my kids). You can find the complete directions and bigger pictures of them on my blog here.


And, just a reminder that you don't always have to go with what a title sticker says. The sticker here originally said, "A pirate's LIFE for me". I used alpha stickers to change it to "A pirate's PARTY for me". Not a perfect match, but I like it anyways.

No comments: