Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Aaarrr...

Over the weekend my youngest turned 3. When I asked him what he wanted for his party theme, he immediately said, "Pirate!" I decided it would be fun to make small treasure chests to put candy and chocolate gold coins (so excited when I found chocolate gold coins!) in as party favors for the kids.


I picked out some paper from My Mind's Eye's Stella and Rose line that has a great wood grain pattern on one side (outside of the chest), and a fun polka dot pattern on the other side (inside of the chest). I have a Silhouette, so I started by cutting the Treasure Chest Box Template with my Silhouette.


I believe there's something similar that would work for the Cricut on the Life's A Party Shape Cartridge. You can also find templates you can print out on-line if you enter "pirate treasure chest template" into a search engine.


Once you cut and score the boxes, use Mini Glue Dots® along the edges to put your boxes together. Fill the boxes with candy or small prizes, and you're all set for your pirate party!


*I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team.

No comments: