Saturday, March 19, 2011

Scrapping Large Photos


Every year when I have my kids' photos taken, I always order one of my favorites as an 8 x 10 to hang on my wall. I have a special place that hosts the 8 x 10 for that year. The dilemma comes when I get the photo for the next year. What do you do with the old 8 x10's? I ordered that photo in the large size because I really like it. I decided to try my hand at scrapping a few 8 x 10's last night. It's a bit tricky because the photo takes up so much of the layout. I really wanted to make sure I enhanced the photo instead of overwhelming the layout. I broke out my Echo Park For the Record Collection pack, and here's what I came up with.


I found scrapping a horizontal photo the easiest. Even though I used a lot of buttons, I only used 1 type of embellishment.

For this layout I mixed and matched a few papers, so I kept the embellishments to a minimum. I chose papers that had a basic pattern and that matched colors in the photo to keep having too much going on.


Finally, I've been dying to do some heritage scrapping with this line, so I pulled out a photo of my grandparents. It was an 8 x 10 that I trimmed down to about 7 x 9. It gave me a little more room to play with embellishments. In person, this layout has a lot of texture. The title and flowers are popped up with foam dimensional adhesive.

No comments: