Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A little Valentine's Day Inspiration

First, I have to apologize for not posting anything for a whole week. 3 out of 4 of the people in my family got strep at the end of last week (I was one of them), and this got put to the back burner for a while. Anyways, to beg your forgiveness I have 2 fun projects with a Valentine's theme. First up, we had a date night for my MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) group last night. A husband/wife team gave a talk about strong marriages. We wanted to have a little thank you gift for them. She got a altered notebook, but men are much harder to make something for. I came up with this V-day themed thank you gift.


What man doesn't like candy, right? If you noticed this tube is only half full, it's because (unknown to me) my husband had been feeding M&M's from it to my kids. He's convinced he heard me tell him it was okay. I snapped this picture, than headed to the store to get more M&M's on my way to drop it off at date night.

This second project are the Valentines my son will be handing out at Preschool this year. They're made from Fancy Pants' ready to make V-day card paper called Cards from their Love Bird line. I added some glitter (using Stickles) and diamond glaze for a little extra fun:


There are even fun matching stickers you can use to seal your envelopes!


It's a fun and fast way to create your own Valentines Day cards! Thanks for being so patient with me about the blog. I'll be back soon... I promise!

No comments: