Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Congrats Card

I mentioned in my post yesterday that My Mind's Eye currently has sketch challenge #19 going on. This month there's a layout sketch and a card sketch. Yesterday I showed you what I did with the layout sketch, today it's on to the card sketch.



I really love the look of kraft card stock, so I paired that with with MME's Alphabet Soup Boy papers. The best part about this card is that I was able to use up some leftover scraps from layouts I had made. I used We R Memory Keeper's Seweasy tool to do the stitching. I wanted the greeting to have a bit more depth, so I stamped it in brown first, and then stamped over the top in blue. It gives the greeting a shadowed look. The "congrats" stamp is from Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments (which you can get for 25% off through the end of the month at A Walk Down Memory Lane). The star was cut with my Silhouette SD machine.

No comments: