Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday's Terrific Techniques and Tips: Punch Care

Today I thought I'd share a tip instead of a technique. I love using punches on my cards. Lately I've been getting a lot of questions about sharpening punches. I have good news, you probably have everything you need to clean and lubricate your punches right in your kitchen!
To sharpen a dull punch, just punch through a piece of tinfoil folded in half (creating a double layer of tinfoil). Repeat this a few times, and you should have a much sharper punch.
To lubricate a stiff or sticky punch, just punch it through a piece of wax paper folded in half (creating a double layer of wax paper). Repeat this a punch a few times and you should have a more lubricated punch. You may want to punch through some scrap paper a few times before you use it on nice paper as sometimes the wax paper leaves a residue on the punch.

Finally, I'll leave you today with a card made using Stampin' Up!'s curly label punch, word window punch, and large oval punch.

No comments: