Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wedding Scrapbook

I think I mentioned that a few weekends ago I was in my cousin's wedding. We had a great time, and I was able to get some really beautiful pictures. Including this one of My sister, her husband, my husband, and me (my husband and I are on the left).


I have so many great pictures, that I decided I would do a scrapbook for the bride as a surprise. I just completed the first page of the book. This page is very simple. I wanted the picture to be the focal point, not my amazing ability to embellish (I'll showcase that later on throughout the book :-) The paper doesn't photograph well, but it is a lovely pearlized paper from DCWV.
The words were cut from SU! silver card stock with my Silhouette SD.

I stamped on the bottom right hand corner with Versamark ink using a stamp from Baroque Motifs (SU!). I sprinkled a little silver embossing powder on, heated, and added a few dimensional wedding stickers from K & Company. Now a little note about embossing on photos. Photos don't like heat, so this must be done VERY carefully. I also wouldn't recommend doing this on a treasured heirloom photo, heating the photo may ruin it. Heat just until the powder starts melting. If your photo bubbles from the heat, let it cool. Don't touch or try to smooth the bubble out. Many times it will deflate on its own. That being said, if you have success with this technique it really is a beautiful, unexpected touch.

I have one more picture for you. It's a little closer so you can see more of the beautiful detail of this paper and some of the dimension of the embellishments.

No comments: