Friday, June 1, 2018

Grad Cap Card

We just got done with graduations (and a few graduation parties) in my neck of the woods, but I still wanted to share this grad cap card that I created.


I grabbed a fold-able grad cap card cut file from the Silhouette online store. I like that I can start with a basic idea from the store and the use the Silhouette Studio software to really customize my card.


I chose colors from the grad's school. I also used the Studio program to cut the graduation year and the word "Congrats!"
For those of you familiar with Silhouette, when using a file that has both cutting and scoring, the scoring is done with small dashed cut lines. I like to remove those lines whenever possible. Instead of cutting those score lines with my Cameo, I use a scoring tool to score them by hand. I just like the finished look a bit better.  


A cute little tassel I made from cross stitch thread and attached with a large brad completes the grad cap card.

No comments: