Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Welcome Sign

Sometimes I start a project with something in mind, and it ends up completely different than what I had in mind.  My welcome sign is definitely one of those projects.

 I wanted to make a new welcome sign for my front door.  I wanted it to be summery, and I had a bit of an idea in mind, but when I started looking for a piece of paper, I came across this polka dot sheet I used for the background. I really liked it and decided that's what I wanted to use for the jumping off point for my sign.


All of the papers and embellishments are from Basic Grey's Highline collection.  I couldn't find any alphabet stickers that I liked for the letters for my welcome sign, so I decided to cut "Welcome" with my Silhouette Cameo.  The orange didn't pop enough, so I used a black Wink of Stella marker to trace the center of the welcome. 

 I also used the marker to color some wood chevron pieces from Studio Calico to turn them black and add a bit of shimmer. I've also found that whenever I'm making a decoration for my front door, Glue Dots® are the best adhesive to hold everything together.  My front door is used a lot and the sun shines directly on it for at least half of the day, so Glue Dots® are the only adhesive that holds up to the punishment. 


While this sign is quite different from my usual style, and different than what I set out to create, I kind of love it anyways. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: