Monday, June 23, 2014

4th of July Pinwheel Wreath

After a few years of using this star decoration on my front door for the 4th of July, I decided it was time for something new.  It's no secret that I LOVE Pebbles' Americana collection, so it was an easy choice for my 4th of July Pinwheel Wreath.


Every year I think there is no way Pebles will be able to top their patriotic collection from the year before, and every year they happily prove me wrong!  Red? Check. White? Check. Blue? Check. The Star Spangled Banner, Declaration of Incependence, Articles of the Constitution, flags? Check, check, check, and check!  Not only are the colors great, but the patterns are amazing and steeped in patriotism. 


Ok, now hopefully I've convinced you to go check out Americana for yourself.  I'll move on to telling you a little about making the wreath.  I'm going to be honest.  This was so easy to make.  So easy, I'm almost embarrassed to tell you about it. If you'd like to see a tutorial on how to make paper pinwheels, you can check out this photo tutorial I mad a few years ago


I made the pinwheels for this wreath from 9 sheets of paper cut to 8 1/2" squares.  I used a large brad to secure them in the center, and then wrapped a twisty tie around the back side of the brad to secure the pinwheel to the metal frame of the wreath.


No one ever seems to show the "ugly" back side of their projects, so I thought I'd show you a picture of how I twisty tied the pinwheel to the wreath.  I wasn't sure how this would work out, but so far it seems to be really sturdy, and was the fastest and easiest way I could think of to get everything in place. 


In about 30 minutes, I had a brand new (super fun!) front door decoration for the 4th of July! 
Do you decorate your front door throughout the year for different seasons and holidays? I'd love to hear about (or see) some of your favorite front door decorations!

No comments: