Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Garden Journal

Every summer for the past 5 or 6 summers I have planted a garden.  Every year I think I'll remember what I did for the next year, but guess what: my memory just isn't that good!  I finally decided it was time to keep a garden journal. Being a paper crafter, it couldn't just be any old notebook, I decided it had to be pretty and functional.


 I knew I wanted to use Pebble's Garden Party collection for the decorating of my journal. I mean the name says it all; it's the perfect garden collection.  I decided to use a Simple Stories Snap! album for the bones of the journal.  I'm partial to the snap albums, because the D ring (binder style) insides make it easy to add and remove papers, dividers, etc.



I split my binder into 3 sections, and decorated each of the tabs for the sections with Pebbles Garden Party.  There's a sheet of paper that looks like flower seed packets that was too cute not to use on my dividers.

 My first divider is about planning the garden (you can see the sketch of my garden layout above, and I put what exact seeds I planted on other pages)


My second section is about maintenance; monthly to do lists,  pest control, fertilizer, etc.


The final section is for notes about what worked and what didn't. What I want to do the same next year, and what to avoid doing.

The journal is large enough (and sturdy enough) that I'll be able to use it for many, many years.  I'm hoping next year it will make planing and maintaining my garden even easier! 


Do you garden? How do you keep track of everything you do in it?

Supplies:
Pebbles Garden Party Paper (Daffodil, Azalea, Lily, Peony, Petunia, Poppy, Tulip, Rosebud)
Pebbles Garden Paprty Diecut Card Stock Shapes
Pebbles Garden Party Journal Cards
Simple Stories Snap Binder

1 comment:

Kelly Sas said...

GREAT idea and I love the way you executed it too!