Saturday, August 10, 2013

DIY Chalkboard

I'm a list person.  Lists make me happy, they help me keep my sanity, remember things, and I kind of love that feeling when you get to cross things off your list.  You know what's even better than a list? A list kept in a pretty place. That's why I made this fun and very functional chalkboard for my craft room. The best part is that I can change out the little corner embellishment easily when the season changes, or when I just want something new to look at.



Supplies:
Craft Glue Dots®
Picture frame (any size will work as long as you can find vinyl wide and tall enough to fit it)
Chalkboard Vinyl
Miscellaneous Embellishments.


Putting this together is pretty simple.  Just cut your chalkboard vinyl to the same size as the glass in your picture frame. Remove the glass from your frame, and cover the glass in chalkboard vinyl.  Return the glass to your frame.



Now here's the fun part. Gather some extra embellishments. That time you make 4 paper flowers, but only needed 1? Grab the extra one. Have some cute felt leaves you didn't know what to do with? Grab those.  If you don't have anything laying around, you can try your hand at making a simple ribbon flower like this one (just don't add the pin back), or a paper pumpkin like this one.  You can even get your kids in on the action and have them make you something fun. 
Once you know what embellishment you want to add, use a Craft Glue Dot (usually just 1 or 2 will hold the embellishment securely) to the bottom corner of the frame. When the season changes, or you just want something new to look at, gently peel the embellishment (with the Craft Glue Dot still attached) away from the frame.  Add a new embellishment. It's that easy! 
 




 If you decide to try this out, I'd love to see what you make! Just link it up in the comments.

Need some Glue Dots® for this project? Check out Glue Dots' Blog post here for a Back to School Glue Dots® giveaway.  

Thanks for stopping by today!

I wrote this post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team.


No comments: