Monday, June 17, 2013

May Arts Nautical Challenge

Every few months May Arts host a challenge. There's always a theme (this time it was nautical) and a group of ribbons to choose from to create something.  I got to play along this month, and here's what I came up with:


 I created a nautical summer serving tray to use outside during backyard BBQ's.  My favorite element is the red and white anchor that I cut from Solid Stripes 365-2-14 ribbon. There was no solid bottom to the tray, so I cut a piece of cardboard the size of the bottom, covered it in Fancy Pants Down By the Shore paper and added ribbon details. I set the paper and thin ribbon with a spray on polyurethane sealer so the bottom of tray will be water resistant and I can wipe it clean with a damp cloth if needed. 


If you head on over to May Art's Blog today, you'll get to see all of the contest entries.  If you've never played along with a May Art's challenge before, I highly recommend it. They're always lots of fun!


No comments: