Friday, April 5, 2013

We R Memory Keepers

I'm pretty excited to have a guest design spot over on We R Memory Keeper's Facebook page today! They sent me paper, stickers, and tags from their For the Record collection. Let me tell you, this collection is my idea of gorgeous, so i've been having a blast creating with it. I made a little home decor project that you'll have to check out over on We R's Facebook Page. Then I used what I had left (which was quite a bit) to create a layout.


For the Record mixes blues and greens with grays and browns for a really amazing, easy to use color palette. Of course, having 2 boys, I have plenty of use for lines that focus on blues and greens. 


I also really like that the stickers included in this collection have an embossed texture to them. It adds a lot of added dimension to any project you make with them.  Just a reminder that you don't have to use the entire sticker. There was a large yellow scallop border sticker, and I cut it into pieces to attach all over the page instead of using it as a traditional border strip. Also, in the picture below you'll see the words "Today I am".  That sticker was part of a much larger sticker that just didn't work with the area I wanted to put it, so I trimmed just the words out so it would work.


Finally, I can't do a post about We R Memory Keepers without mentioning one of my all time favorite tools: The Sew Easy. It makes hand stitching so much easier, by per-piercing your holes quickly.  Here I used the Sew Easy with the Zig Zag Head attached to do all of my stitching.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: