Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Fun

I thought I'd pop in with a couple of layouts of some of the fun we've been having this summer. I chose these 2 today because they both use October Afternoon paper. This first one uses Boarding Pass.



So, I'm not really big on posting a pic of myself in my swimming suit, but...I love this photo. It's not too often that I'm in a photo with my husband AND both kids. On top of that, we're all smiling and having a good time. I couldn't resist printing this one out in a 5 x 7 and scrapping it. 


At first glance this layout appears really simple, but I some fun adding detail with some hand stitching that I really thing adds a lot to the layout.

My second layout uses a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but the majority of the paper comes from October Afternoon's 9 to 5 line:


Even though school's out, I try to keep my little guys' brains engaged during the summer. They really enjoy doing interactive science experiments, and this is one they especially loved.



Here I combined a leftover bottle sticker with a birthday balloon puffy sticker to create a custom embellishment that looked like our experiment. 



 Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: