Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You and Teddy



I have a table full of framed photos that my kids take annually right around their birthdays. There are always the most recent ones up, but I also keep up a number of my favorites as well. There's no rhyme or reason to the ones I keep up longer, just a few of my faves. Eventually, though, when old ones finally get switched out, they must get scrapped. This is one of those photos, taken when my now 5 yr old was 3.


My son used to take his stuffed bear, Teddy, everywhere and the photographer thought it would be fun to snap a few photos with the 2 of them together (he still sleeps with Teddy by the way). I'm not sure anything captures childhood quite like a kid and his favorite stuffed animal!


A few notes about the actual making of this layout. The papers and stickers are all left over from some calendar projects I made back in December. You can check them out here if you'd like to see them. All of the paper and the stickers are from Simple Stories' Year-O-Graphy collection. That heart is actually an intricate knot made from twine. I learned how to tie it from this video. It was really fun to do, and a different way to add some texture to the layout. The buttons are from Bo Bunny's Forever Fall and Snowfall lines.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: