Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A few sketchy things




Hello! I wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am super, super excited about being the December Guest Designer over at Sketch Support. This week is Card Sketch week. My cards aren't up yet, but they'll be up later this week, and you really don't want to miss out on the fun Christmas Card sketch and the great projects the design team has made with it. I'll post my cards here once they've gone up on Sketch Support, but you can only see the sketch over there (oh, and P.S. you can pick up all of Allison's Sketches for... books here at AWDML).

If you've followed my blog for a while, you also know that I'm a big fan of Liz Qualman's sketches for Little Yellow Bicycle. They have a sketch contest going on right now (entries are due until Dec 31, so you have plenty of time to enter), and I made a layout with it using Winter Twig (which is even more beautiful in person than it is in pictures!). Here's the sketch:



Here's my take on it:

I added a few more layers, and changed up the photos a bit, but otherwise I stayed pretty true to the sketch.


 We had this amazing ice storm last February, every inch of everything outside was covered in a layer of ice. I've seen a lot of snow storms, but this ice storm may have just been the most beautiful winter storm I've seen, Especially when the sun shone on it. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: