Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thanks to our Soldiers

This year I headed up the service project for our local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group, because it's something I'm very passionate about. We collected items and letters of support to send to our soldiers overseas. There's a great website called anysoldier.com that we're using for contact info for those brave men and women who put themselves in harm's way. Most of the soldiers enjoy getting care packages, but what they seem to love the most are the letters and cards, so we're making sure there are plenty of those in the boxes. Here are 2 cards I mad for just that purpose:
They are based off of this card sketch from Paper Crafts Go To Sketches:
There is a fun card contest going on over at Moxie Fab World using the above sketch. If you want to play along, you can find all the details here.
Just a quick note on the products used; the paper is Pink Paislee's 365 Degrees. My local scrap store (A Walk Down Memory Lane) got it in and I just *had* to have the 6 x 6 pad. I also picked up a set of the Queen Bee Cork Buttons, as you can see above. I've just started playing around with them, and oh my are they fun! So far I've stamped on them (which works well), used them plain, and put a brad through them. The cork held up really well when I punched it with my crop-a-dile. I've found that a strong liquid glue (Scrappy Glue, Tombow Multi, etc.) secures these nice and snug to your paper. Just a quick little review there, for those of you wondering about this new and unique product.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Great cards, love the paper quilting and the stitching!

Brenda Weaver said...

These are great cards! I love, love LOVE the mix of patterned papers you used and how you stamped on the cork.

Unknown said...

Hey Samantha! Thanks for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)